Acceptable use policy
You may not use our ADSL or hosting services (“services”) to
- harm or interfere with our network or the network of any 3rd party
- interfere with the use and enjoyment of our services by other users
- infringe on the copyrights or intellectual property rights of any 3rd party
- host, post, transmit or re-transmit, submit, receive, upload, download, post, use, copy or otherwise reproduce, distribute or store any content which is harmful, obscene, indecent, hateful, malicious, racist, fraudulent, libellous, treasonous, violent, discriminatory, defamatory, constitutes hate speech, abuse, threatens the health or safety of anyone, constitutes a security risk, commissions a criminal offense (including but not limited to an offense against any child), or violates any 3rd party’s privacy;
We may establish/impose policies, rules and limitations (“restrictions”) concerning the use of our services from time to time. It is your responsibility to comply with any such restrictions.
All e-mails sent from the delitech.co.za domain or any domain hosted by us are subject to our e-mail policy.
You may not distribute by any means or for any reason any materials that are subject to copyrights, trademark rights or intellectual property rights (including but not limited to audio, video, books, magazines and photographs).
You may not connect to any 3rd party network or system without proper authorisation.
You may not restrict, inhibit or interfere with the ability of any person to access, use or enjoy our services, the internet. You may not create an unusually large burden on our network (including but not limited to continuously upload or download streaming video or audio; continuously upload or download peer-to-peer or by FTP; or otherwise continuously generate levels of traffic sufficient to impede others’ ability to use our services). You may not use our services in an abusive manner in connection with any unlimited packages, options or special offers/promotions.
We may manage our network in order to optimise its efficiency for the benefit of all our users (including but not limited to rate limiting/throttling, preventing spam, running antivirus, protocol filtering and imposing restrictions on your use our services in any way other than intended). We may take any action we deem appropriate in order to help ensure the integrity of our service experience for all users (including limiting your data traffic by controlling your data usage).
We may intervene at any time to ensure quality of service to all our clients.
You may not use our services for unattended automated operation. You may stay connected as long as you are actively using your connection. You may not to use any software with the purpose of simulating network activity to avoid session inactivity disconnection.
You may not use our services to interfere with, gain unauthorised access to, or otherwise violate the security of our or any 3rd party’s servers, networks, computers, devices, software or data, including but not limited to:
- unauthorised monitoring, scanning or probing or any other action aimed at the unauthorised interception of data or harvesting of e-mail addresses;
- hacking, attacking, gaining access to, breaching, circumventing or testing the vulnerability of the user authentication or security of any host, network, server, computer, device, software or data;
- impersonating others or to secretly or deceptively obtaining personal information of 3rd parties (phishing, etc.);
- using any program, file, script, command or transmission of any message or content of any kind, designed to interfere with a terminal session, the access to or use of the Internet or any other means of communication;
- distributing or using tools designed to compromise security (including but not limited to SNMP tools), including cracking tools, password guessing programs, packet sniffers or network probing tools (except in the case of authorised legitimate network security operations);
- knowingly uploading or distributing files that contain viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, root kits or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network system or other property, or be used to engage in modem or system hi-jacking;
- engaging in the transmission of pirated software, audio and/or video;
- with respect to dialup accounts, using any software or device designed to defeat system time-out limits or to allow your account to stay logged on while you are not actively using our services or using such account for the purpose of operating a server of any type;
- using manual or automated means to avoid any use limitations placed on our services;
- providing guidance, information or assistance with respect to causing damage or security breach to our network or systems, or to the network of any other ISP;
- failure to take reasonable security precautions to help prevent violation(s) of our terms.
You are responsible for your use of our services, including use by 3rd parties (whether authorised or not).
We are committed to your privacy. We will not extensively monitor how you use our services, but we may perform random checks to confirm compliance with our terms. We reserve the right to investigate complaints about your use of our services, in the event of which we may temporarily monitor your use of our services. Except to any extent required under the law, we will not disclose any information about your use of our services to any 3rd party.